TheraLith® XR Vitamin & Mineral Supplement (90-day supply)
Contains magnesium, potassium, and vitamin B6 in optimal doses to support and maintain healthy urine chemistry. Extended-release coating for optimal absorption and tolerance.
TheraLith® XR is free from artificial dyes and certified gluten-free.
Research at Stony Brook University Medical School showed a: 29% reduction in urinary oxalate levels, 22% reduction in calcium oxalate supersaturation, and 48% increase in both urinary magnesium and citrate levels - two important inhibitors of crystal formation
QUALITY YOU CAN TRUST
Made in the USA. Independently tested and certified by NSF, in a cGMP registered facility.
TheraLith® XR Vitamin & Mineral Supplement (90-day supply)
Why Theralith® XR?
TheraLith XR is an extended-release vitamin and mineral supplement formulated to support and maintain normal urine chemistry. The extended-release coating assures disintegration over a sustained time period, minimizing gastrointestinal (GI) upset as the active ingredients are absorbed.
Ammonium hydroxide, Ethylcellulose, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Magnesium stearate, Medium chain triglycerides, Microcrystalline cellulose, Oleic acid, Purified water, Silicon dioxide, Sodium alginate, Stearic acid, Polydextrose, Calcium carbonate.
Directions for Use:
Take 2 tablets twice daily with meals. Swallow tablets whole, and do not crush or chew. For example, take 2 tablets with breakfast and 2 tablets with dinner. Do not exceed recommended dosage. Ensure to drink enough fluid before, during, and after taking tablets.
A probable association exists between the use of coated tablets containing potassium salts, with or without thiazide diuretics, and the incidence of serious small bowel ulceration. Such preparations should be used only when adequate dietary supplementation is not practical, and should be discontinued if abdominal pain, distention, nausea, vomiting or gastrointestinal bleeding occur.
Do not use this product with other potassium-containing supplements or with potassium-containing salt-substitutes.
Some people may experience diarrhea.
360 Tablets (90-day supply)
showing reviews from (% reviewsData.reviews.from %) to (% reviewsData.reviews.to %)
0 Review Posted
showing questions from (% questionsData.questions.from %) to (% questionsData.questions.to %)
0 Question Asked
Yes. Individuals with decreased kidney function (renal insufficiency or failure) should not take TheraLith XR. Individuals who have been instructed to follow a low potassium diet should not take TheraLith® XR.
Q. How long should I take TheraLith® XR?
TheraLith® XR is meant to be taken on a consistent basis for optimal results. Please speak to your urologist about how long you should take TheraLith® XR.
Q. What does the "XR" in TheraLith® XR stand for?
"XR" stands for "Extended Release." TheraLith® XR has been manufactured to provide sustained release of its active ingredients over three to five hours so that it is well-tolerated, and it has been certified to have passed testing for that delayed-release and disintegration, in accordance with USP Method 2040.
Q. Can I continue to take my vitamin, mineral, and other nutritional supplements along with TheraLith® XR?
Yes, you can continue taking a low-dose vitamin and mineral supplement, and most other nutritional supplements along with TheraLith® XR. Do not take TheraLith® XR with other potassium, magnesium and/or vitamin B6 supplements without speaking to your healthcare provider, to ensure that you do not take more than the safe upper limit of each of these nutrients.
Q. Is TheraLith® XR safe to take during pregnancy and while breastfeeding?
Yes if you are currently taking TheraLith® XR and become pregnant, it is safe to continue to take TheraLith® XR during your pregnancy and also while you are breastfeeding.
Q. Does TheraLith® XR interact with any prescription medications?
Yes. As with any dietary supplement, it is recommended you discuss with your doctor, pharmacist, and/or healthcare team to clarify whether TheraLith® XR can be taken along with your medications.
Do not take TheraLith® XR if you are taking the following medication:
Levodopa: Do not take TheraLith® XR due to high pyridoxine (vitamin B6) content. Potassium-sparing diuretics (spironolactone, eplerenone, triamterene): These medications can increase potassium levels in the body. Taking them along with TheraLith® XR might cause too much potassium to be in the body.
TheraLith® XR may affect the absorption of certain prescription medications as follows:
Antibiotics: Certain nutrients such as magnesium can bind to antibiotics in the stomach and reduce their absorption and effectiveness. Depending on the antibiotic prescribed, you may need to separate taking any vitamin and mineral supplement from antibiotics by at least 2 to possibly 6 hours or discontinue taking the supplement while taking the antibiotic.
- High blood pressure medications (ACE-inhibitors such as Accupril, Accuretic, Acupro, lisinopril, enalapril, and others, or angiotensin-receptor blockers such as losartan, diovan, micardis, avapro, etc.): These medications can increase potassium levels in the blood. Taking them along with TheraLith® XR may cause too much potassium in the blood. To avoid this, separate by at least two hours.
- Captopril: This medication helps control blood pressure. Magnesium in TheraLith® XR can affect the absorption of this medication. Separate by 2 hours.
- Digoxin (Lanoxin): This medication helps the heart beat more strongly. Taking magnesium in TheraLith® XR at the same time as this medication may decrease the absorption of this medication, therefore decreasing its effectiveness. Separate by 2 hours.
- Dilantin (phenytoin): This medication is an anti-epileptic drug used to control seizures. Magnesium in TheraLith® XR can affect the absorption of this medication. Separate by 2 hours.
- Oral Bisphosphonates (alendronate (Fosamax), etidronate (Didronel), risedronate (Actonel), ibandronate (Boniva), tiludronate (Skelid): These medications alter bone formation and breakdown in the body, slowing down bone loss and helping to prevent bone fractures. Taking magnesium along with these medications can decrease how much bisphosphate the body absorbs. Separate by 2 hours.
- Sotalol (Betapace): This medication helps the heartbeat normally in people with certain heart rhythm disorders. Magnesium in TheraLith® XR can affect the absorption of this antiarrhythmic medication. Separate by at least 2 hours.
- Thyroid hormone (levothyroxine, Synthroid): This medication is used to treat an underactive thyroid gland and should always be taken on an empty stomach, 30-60 minutes before eating. TheraLith® XR should be taken with a meal, so it should be taken at least 30-60 minutes after taking thyroid medication, once you have eaten. Although certain forms of magnesium affect the absorption of thyroid hormone, the magnesium forms in TheraLith® XR (citrate, oxide), do not.